Why am I doing a PhD again? Let me count the ways
- I like the idea of Dr Summers.
- Nobody else in the immediate family have a PhD.
- I wanted to get help with writing a publishable novel.
- Originally I hoped to get funding.
- I hope it will help me get well paid employment.
- I wanted to work with established writers.
- I like being a student.
- I have something to say.
- I like trying out new ideas.
What have been the benefits so far?
- I’ve met some wonderful people who have introduced me to other wonderful people.
- I’ve found out so much interesting information.
- I love experiencing the thrill of the moment when I see lots of new connections and possibilities.
- I’ve been shoved right out of my comfort zone.
- I’ve proved I can keep going on a big project.
- I’ve reignited my love of libraries.
- The train is more like a bus to me.
- I’ve read more books than I could even have imagined reading.
- I’m so enjoying other people’s talents.
- Social network sites ROCK.
Back to work.